ATT DISABILITY AND BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT
USEFUL WEBSITES AND APPS
Further Support, Study and Career Information
- AMAZE - Working with a person with Asperger's
- Money Smart - Budgeting Tool
- JobHero has a lot of great career-related information, including sample resume content for thousands of job titles.
- Careers Online - An Australian site offering in depth help with the development of a resume for you.
Provides sample resume and provides a resume generator which will format your resume in html. Advice on interviews can also be found at Careers Online.
- Centrelink - Centrelink delivers services and programs for unemployed youth. These include literacy/numeracy assistance, career counselling assistance, etc.
- Construct my career - A website designed to show you the rewards and possibilities of a career in the
building and construction industry.
- DETE - The Queensland Government’s site for the Department of Education Training and Employment.
- Australian Government Department of Education - Follow the link to youth affairs for a range of services and products that are available.
- Heywire News and Links ABC - A great site with links collected for young people with a rural and regional focus.
- Qld Studies Authority - for information about senior certificate, Qld Certificate of Education, subjects available in secondary schools, etc.
- www.rwr.net.au - provides some sound advice on getting into the retail industry, preparing for interviews, resumes etc.
A selection of APPS - free or small/medium cost may be involved for the support of children and people with learning or social difficulties.
Payment finder - Find payments and services relevant to you. humanservices.gov.au/paymentfinder
Express Plus - Allows you to do some of your Centrelink business using your mobile device. Apps available for families, job seekers, students and seniors. humanservices.gov.au/expressplus
Edmodo (Classroom FB) provides a safe and easy way for your class to connect and collaborate, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices.
Calm Counter - Social Story and Anger Management Tool for ASD
Text Compactor - Summaries your text.
Notability - a powerful note-taker on iPad and iPhone: sketch ideas, annotate documents, sign contracts, complete worksheets, keep a journal, record a lecture, jot travel notes, or teach a class. https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/notability/id360593530?mt=8
Book Creater - The simple way to create your own beautiful iBooks, right on the iPad. Read them in iBooks, send them to your friends, or submit them to the iBooks Store. Ideal for children’s picture books, photo books, art books, cook books, manuals, textbooks, and the list goes on.
Pictello is a simple way to create visual stories and talking books. Each page in a Pictello Story can contain a picture, a short video, up to ten lines of text, and a recorded sound or text-to-speech using natural sounding voices.
Stories can be shared with other Pictello users with iTunes File Sharing or via WiFi through Dropbox or a free account on the Pictello Sharing Server. Stories can be shared with non-Pictello users as PDF files through email, Dropbox, or
iTunes File Sharing.
SonicPics makes digital storytelling fun and easy! Turn your photographs into narrated slideshow movies to share.
Strip Designer Comic - Impress your friends with your own personal comic strips, created on your iPad, iPhone or iPod using photos from your photo album or iPhone camera.
Puppet Pals 2 - “Puppet Pals is an amazing app that lets you create animated cartoons.” Children unlock creativity with this easy to use (but hard to put down) interactive puppet show! Even young children.
Suggested websites and APPS are for information only. Applied Techniques Training does not endorse any information provided on these websites.